With the change in the seasons, you are likely getting your trailer ready for your next big haul, or storing it away until spring. Either way, now is a great time to put on some gloves and get ready for some heaving scrubbing to get your dirty trailer in Seattle WA spic and span for whatever you have in store for it.
Our first suggestions for your trailer is to store it indoors. Direct sunlight can degrade the awning fabric, ruin vinyl graphics, destroy rubber seals on your windows, cause havoc for your tires, fade your paint job and even cause leaks in your trailer’s roof.
Leaving your trailer out in the questionable weather of the Pacific Northwest can also lead to water damage (rusting or mold). If storing your trailer in a completely enclosed garage is not possible, then a great second options is to try to find another covered area where your trailer can be out of the elements.
At Trailer Boss we understand that for many of our customers, storing their trailer outdoors is the only option. If this is the case, try these suggestions:
- Be sure to protect your investment by buying a high quality trailer cover to keep your trailer dry and out of the sun.
- Check on your trailer regularly to make sure it is not developing early stages of rust or mold.
- Wash down your trailer regularly as it can build up some major grime from sitting outside.
- Always give your trailer a good inspection before hitting the road to make sure it has held up while being stored.
- Unless it is an enclosed trailer, don’t keep expensive or important tools or equipment in the trailer. They can become damaged from the weather.
Properly storing your trailer in Seattle WA not only can keep your trailer looking great, but it can also increase the life of your trailer.
Please remember that we are always happy to answer any questions you might have about trailer storage! Contact one of our three locations today or simply come on into one of our locations!