At Trailer Boss, your safety is our biggest priority! This is why we are dedicated to selling you trailers and equipment that will ensure you have a proper setup.
In an effort to make sure our customers stay safe, this week we are going to go over a few general safety tips for driving with a trailer in Spokane WA:
- It is always to important to do your research and use the driving gear that the manufacturer recommends for towing
- Remember to always drive at moderate speeds. This will place less strain on your tow vehicle and trailer and avoid sway
- Try to avoid sudden stops and starts that can cause skidding, sliding, or jackknifing
- Make an effort to avoid sudden steering maneuvers that might create sway or undue side force on the trailer
- Take a moment to slow down when traveling over bumpy roads, railroad crossings, and ditches
- Take wider turns at curves and corners, because your trailer’s wheels are closer to the inside of a turn than the wheels of your tow vehicle, they are more likely to hit or ride up over curbs
- Release the accelerator pedal to slow down and keep a firm grip on the steering wheel to control swaying caused by air pressure changes and wind buffeting when larger vehicles pass from either direction
The most important thing you can do to ensure road safety is to be aware of the extra weight and bulk you are hauling, and take the time to adjust to that weight.
If you have any questions about hauling a trailer in Spokane WA, please reach out and contact one of our professionals at Trailer Boss!